Wordle

Wordle: Diane

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thing #11 - LibraryThing

I have really enjoyed working with LibraryThing.  It is easy to use and the site has access to so many books.  I was impressed that it is connected to Amazon.com and the Library of Congress.  Even though I have a Shelfari account, I will still use LibraryThing.  I plan to use my Shelfari account with my students for their reading logs, so I am going to use my account with LibraryThing for personal use.  I enjoy discussing books that I have read, and now I will have access to learn about books I want to read as well.  I looked through some of the groups and I found one that addresses my favorite:  Crime, Thriller & Mystery.  My favorite authors are John Grisham and Mary Higgins Clark.  I can honestly see myself using this.  I also added a widget for LibraryThing on my blog.  This was fun!

Which do you like better? - LibraryThing or Shelfari

2 comments:

  1. Diane, your post and your Library Thing widget makes me want to take another look at the site. I still think I like Shelfari better for using with students because of the simplicity of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of using LibraryThing for you and Shelfari for your students. Both sites have advantages, but I can see where I would use LibraryThing for my own purposes as well.
    We have some of the same tastes in books!

    ReplyDelete